Non-Profit Board Of Directors Building
Board Building helps identify and recruit those individuals who can contribute to the organization in a leadership capacity and relies on the use of existing networks as well as identifying prospective relationships through recommendations and research.
A non-profit Board of Directors should contain three types of members:
- Donor: it is essential that some board members are Major Donors, who are capable of giving large donations to the organization on a regular basis.
- Networker: individuals who have an extensive network in their community, they tend to have contacts within local businesses and community organizations. Networkers spread the mission, allowing for growth and strength.
- Expert: experts are individuals that have a true passion and understanding of the organization and its mission.
It is unlikely that one individual will have all three qualities. Cathedral recommends a board is well-balanced with these three types of members.
A typical methodology for board recruitment is as follows;
- Identify the short-term goals for the board of directors
- Define the perfect board member profile and role
- Identify board member targets and approach
- Finalize and prioritize list of target members
- Begin approaching board members
- On-board new board members.
Contact us today to learn more.