Company Sale (sell-side)
Building a valuable business is a major accomplishment and you may only get the chance to sell a business once in your lifetime. You need to ensure that the full value for your business is transferred to you, and that the business you’re selling is handed to the buyer in an organized manner.
Our M&A team is led by experienced executives who have personally built, owned, and sold businesses that have generated hundreds of millions of dollars. In addition, our deal teams have represented countless business owners walking through the process of exiting their business.
Cathedral is not a business broker or investment banker. We are a trusted consultant and advisor.
We work on behalf of the owner or management team to facilitate a process that maximizes value to the seller and drives the transaction to the desired completion.
In some instances, our clients receive unsolicited offers to buy their businesses and our overall process can be streamlined to fit the need.
In general, Cathedral utilizes the following approach in the sale process:
- Assess the potential value of the business and determine desired price and payment structure
- Determine that the business is prepared to sell at the value desired
- Prepare and Package:
- Create an information package that communicates clearly with the prospective buyer
- Prepare a due diligence package
- Identify a buyer(s)
- Present the information package to the buyer
- Receive an Expression of Interest
- Provide a Due Diligence Package
- Negotiate and Close:
- Design Term Sheet
- Close the deal